Thursday, January 19, 2012

Welcome to Entertainment

Well, today was a wonderful day. Simply wonderful. I boarded the Magic Kingdom bus to Disney University this morning at 7:09 am. Once at Disney U., I clocked in with my official WDW company card (yes, I love saying I have one of those), and then I walked into my class.

Awaiting me in that room was a small piece of paper. Little did I know that what was written on that piece of paper was going to make my day ten million times better.

Everyday I wake up feeling such an incredible gratefulness to God for all he's providing for me. But this isn't even the best part of the day yet.

 Sitting at the table in front of me was a stunningly beautiful blonde woman, named Kelly. She was about 22 years old and had an adorable smile on her face. She introduced herself and she told us she was going to be our trainer for the day. She had the sweetest countenance and even though there were some problems and bumps along the way during our training today, she treated us with kindness and patience. After talking personally to her after the class I found out she has been working as a Full Time employee for four years. She told me that she still loves her job everyday and that even though there are hard days that all the moments you have with the guests and the magical moments you get to give to them makes the job so worth it. "I love being able to give my life away," Kelly told me.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it here. Everything about this experience has just been confirmation after confirmation that performing and Theatre is truly what I want to do. I can't wait to see what the rest of this journey has in store for me and like Kelly I want to be able to give my life away. However, not just to make the guests happy, but to use my gifts to give glory to God. I can't wait to share those stories with you. Oh, and I saw Dream Along with Mickey (the show at Cinderella's Castle) today. If you haven't seen it... come and visit me and see it.

And there's my introduction into Entertainment for ya. I have work again tomorrow at 7. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment