Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crazy Days

The past couple days have been insane.

I arrived in Orlando on Saturday afternoon around 12 noon and I got to spend a great two days with my family at Shades of Green resort. We went out to eat, and just enjoyed being with each other. Then on Sunday night the College Program (CP) Alumni decided to host a meet and greet for January 16th CP arrivals. So, I decided I'd walk on over to the Polynesian Resort for the shindig.
When I got there I didn't know where I was going and I ran into another CP like myself and we started to talk. He also is going to be a Character Performer. Then we finally found the rest of the soon-to-be CPs. While there I met an adorable pixie-like girl named Jesse. We started talking and she told me she was close friends with Tink, Alice, and Wendy. She said she has been a full time employee of WDW's since August and she gave me so much advice. Also, I met a girl who's been buddies with Buzz Light-Year for four years and ceases to stop loving her job.

One thing that I thought was cool was how these two girls conversed with me. Jesse was telling me that while being a Character Performer I need to remember that even though the job is going to get tiring and obnoxious sometimes, I need to look at this job as a huge blessing because not many people get to do what I am. Then the other girl gave me her number on a card and on it was Romans 12. That was such a huge thing for me to see written on a simple piece of paper. Just knowing that there are other Christians among me makes me feel so at ease and see the Lord's hand at work in my life.

Wow, I already wrote a lot... and that isn't even the close to what has happened. On Monday morning I was awake and ready to go over to registration at 5:45 am. When I arrived at Vista Way, which was where the registration was, I met up with my roommates Alyssa and Maggie and got to meet them for the first time. Let me tell you, I have been extremely blessed with amazing roommates. We all mesh really well together. Actually while I am writing this, we are all hanging out in our living room watching Anastasia. Yes, you can see why we all mesh... :)

Anywho, enough with that tangent. After registering and finding out which apartment we were going to be living in, we were taken to the WDW casting center. There we filled out paperwork. So much paperwork. It took hours... but it seemed like such a smooth and easy process because Disney's corporate people are incredible at what they do. Then after coming back from the casting center, I unpacked all my stuff and got settled into my apartment.

Today was wonderful as well. I just relaxed at the apartment, went running, tanned at the pool, and had a wonderful quiet time. The Lord has been revealing more and more to me of just how faithful He is throughout this whole process. It's as if He is directly saying to me, "I'm here... look!!!" I am constantly reminded of His constant love.

Well, I'd better be going. I have to wake up at 5am tomorrow for Disney Traditions. It's a class we have to take. I am very excited for it.

Until then folks... if you actually read all of this!

2 comments:

  1. asdfkjasl;kgjad;lfkgjaldkfjaslfkj!!! "been friends with buzz light year..." haha this is awesome stuff!! I love hearing about what you are doing!! it sounds incredible, and perfect for you :) keep posting!! we ARE reading!
    oh and a class on Disney Traditions!? gee whiz lady! that is the bomb!
    love you, praying for you!
    love,
    mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's incredible, Liana!

    ReplyDelete