Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We create happiness

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality."
-Walt Disney

Today I was awake at 5am. Yep. 5am. For some of you, that time isn't any big deal at all. However, for me, it was very hard to get myself out of bed, showered and dressed in formal clothes, and on a bus at 6:45. The reason I was up so early was because today was my official Disney Traditions class.

Traditions is basically a class all about the company policies, key themes, and values. The class was about 4-5 hours long. Something that is cool about this class is our trainer gave us a sneak peak of what the backstage of Disney looks like before our first day of work.

Let me tell you, backstage Disney is pretty intense. Everyone always told me it's like it's own world underground. Now i understand what they mean. It really is it's own world. There are cafeterias, costume rooms, break rooms, etc. I even got to walk onto Main Street USA for a little walk around Magic Kingdom.

Traditions ended around 1pm and I am currently back at my room relaxing and enjoying not having anything to do. Tomorrow my first day of Entertainment training starts. Hopefully I will find out which character I am going to be friends with. I am ever so anxious to meet him/her!! Hopefully I'll update you on that tomorrow.

Well, as Mickey would say, "See ya later, folks... Aha!"

1 comment:

  1. this is all so cool!! hahaha I love your Mickey quote at the end, "aha!" I can literally hear his voice when I read that!! so good =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete