So I just started this blog in hopes that I will actually post to it... We'll see how dedicated I can be. Any who, I just returned home from a 10 day trip to Orlando, Florida. Seeing as we were in Orlando, who could pass up a trip to Disney world.... Try 6 days in several of the parks? Thats right, that's exactly what went down during my family vacation.
It just so happens that while I was there an audition for College Program performers was happening. I definitely could not pass up an opportunity like this. So, on Wednesday morning (try 5 in the morning) the 19th I took a little trek over to the Animal Kingdom Rehearsal Facility. About 200+ people showed up sleepy eyed to this audition, I was among them. The lot of us sat in a crammed hallway for over an hour, and I made friends with two girls just as eager as me to start the audition.
After waiting for what felt like a lifetime, one of the audition directors told us to gather our belongings and head into a larger room at the end of the hallway. Right before I walked into the room, I had a wonderful surprise in front of me.
Miss Michelle Martin and Justin Gravey were standing right in front of me with smiling faces. This was exactly what I needed!! They gave me huge hugs and told me they were rooting for me and to "break a leg!!" It was the sweetest surprise!!
Unfortunately they could not attend the audition and be my cheerleaders, and I had to leave them to walk into the intimidating room a head of me. Once in, I got in line to be measured for my height. Once I was measured and filled out some paperwork, I sat on a bench waiting to be called into the next room.
Finally after an hour of waiting, they called a bunch of us into the room and gave us Dave choreography to do. The casting crew was SO nice and the audition as a whole was a blast!
I could not believe how blessed I was during this audition. What started out as 200 people, slowly got cut down to 50, then to 16, then to 6, then to 2. Each time my number (2) was called. And each time my heart leapt with butterflies when it was called. I can't even begin to express to you how wonderful and honored I felt to make it all the way to 2 people.
Even if I don't receive a performers role at Disney world, it was SO fun auditioning for them, and I will no doubt do it again in the near future. November 20th is when I hear back.... Nerves are already starting to surface!!! Buy it's all in Gods hands, and I am so thankful that he's allowed me to get this far. Daily he reveals himself and his love through all the blessings I've received.

No comments:
Post a Comment